Just like pandas, early-stage entrepreneurs are often loners, getting their businesses off the ground with as few resources as possible. Building a website is often on top of their minds, particularly for small webshop owners or creatives looking to showcase their portfolios. Website performance, including image optimization, is key to being successful at this.
If this spoke to you, follow the bamboo road for free and explore quick ways to make sure your website ranks higher on Google searches:
1. Test your website performance with Tinify’s analyzer tool
First things first, test your website speed to make sure your website is fast enough. A slow website can make or break a small business.
On the one hand, human beings are more impatient than ever – studies show that websites that take longer than four seconds to load are already at risk of losing visitors, who give up midway through. On the other hand, search engines like Google prioritize content that loads fast – so, if your website is slow, it will never be visible on the first results page.
Online tools like Google’s PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix are free options to test how many seconds your website takes to load. However, if your website is image-heavy, then Tinify’s analyzer tool helps you best by telling you exactly how many seconds you can save if you compress your images.
2. Use our free online tool for image optimization
Once you know how many seconds you can save, it’s time to start optimizing your images. This is at the core of Tinify – our algorithm uses smart compression techniques to reduce the file size of your images. It works like magic! The effect is nearly invisible, but it makes a very large difference in file size, which allows your website to load faster.
You can drag and drop your pictures for free on our homepage. There’s a limited number of compressions, but if you’re just getting started, this will already help you improve your website from day one. If you have a greater number of images to compress, you can sign-up for a yearly subscription with unlimited usage.
3. Are you using WordPress? We have a Tinify plugin just for you
In addition to the web tool, if you’re a WordPress user, you can also install Tinify’s plugin for free. It only takes a few clicks! By doing so, every time you upload a picture, the Tinify plugin will automatically replace the original picture with an optimized version of it, smaller in file size. You can have access to 500 free compressions every month.
On average, JPEG images are compressed by 40-60% and PNG images by 50-80% without visible loss in quality. With this, your WordPress website will load faster, and you’ll also save on storage space and bandwidth!
- A slow website can hurt your business from the get-go: people’s attention span is shorter than ever and search engines only prioritize fast-loading content.
- As an early-stage entrepreneur, we know how many things demand your attention, and probably one of them is building a website. Here are 3 free ways Tinify can support you on this:
- Check your website speed with Tinify’s analyzer tool
- Compress your images with Tinify’s free online tool – we make them smaller in size without losing quality, which in return helps your website load faster
- Are you using WordPress? Make your life easier by installing the Tinify plugin. You have access to 500 free compressions.